For more information or to get a quote contact us today
01 May Lateral Insurance Protection Program
- The Lateral Insurance Protection Program offers unparalleled flexible insurance for homeowners’ residential sewer and freshwater lateral lines which are typically unprotected by standard homeowners insurance. The program was developed through Evolution Insurance Brokers, an excess and surplus lines broker specializing in difficult risks.
There’s a lot of confusion as to who is responsible for lateral sewer lines. There are several variations how different municipalities divide the line of ownership between the lateral line running from the property line and the property line of the owner vs. the public street mainline sewer.
The municipality is concerned about sewage leaking into the water supply. The homeowner is surprised to learn the repair is their responsibility so the Lateral Insurance Protection Program is a welcome relief for both.
Implementation is easy and managed by a team of underwriters, risk managers, and claims adjusters.
The program offered to the municipality has many benefits, such as:
Generates revenue for the municipality
- Provides affordable solution for residents
- May help reduce EPA infractions.
- The program administers the coverage and handles all logistics, estimates and repairs within policy limits.
- Easy program to begin easy implementation
- Helps reduce infiltration/inflow issues
For more information and to learn how other municipalities have successfully implemented this program, please call Rick Lindsey, President and CEO, at 801-204-5510.