Are Your Amusement Rides Compliant?

Carnivals and amusement parks face a lot of regulation, both on the federal and state level. If your amusement park is based in Texas, or you plan on being in business in the state soon, your rides need to be compliant with state regulations and prominently display a compliance sticker as part of that requirement. Compliance has four components: an inspection certificate, a filing fee, a six-month schedule of operations, and adequate insurance coverage.


What are the insurance requirements for compliance in the state of Texas?

  • Insurance coverage for Class A rides: Class A rides are those designed for children 12 years old and under and which have a fixed location. This class of rides must have liability insurance policies of at least $100,000 bodily injury and $50,000 property damage coverage, per occurrence, with a larger aggregate liability limit.
  • Insurance coverage for Class B rides: Class B rides is a catch-all category for most other types of rides. This class needs insurance coverage with liability limits, per occurrence, of at least $1,000,000 for bodily injury and $500,000 for property damage. If you have motorized trains and inflatables, which fall slightly outside of the Class B category, these must also be compliant with liability limits.


Making sure you have adequate insurance coverage to follow the regulations on a state-by-state basis can be a confusing mess of different regulations, paperwork, and insurance changes. Contact one of our experts at Evolution Insurance Brokers to get insurance coverage that satisfies your upcoming travel schedule and lets you stay focused on your business.


Rick J. Lindsey
Rick Lindsey

President, CEO and Chairman